What is Arbor?
Arbor is our Management Information System (MIS), which includes a payment system for Parent and Carers.
Joy Lane Primary School will use Arbor to help collect, store, manage and use all the information we need; this means that pupil information, parental/guardian information, texts, emails, meals, clubs, trips, parents’ evenings and payments are all in one place.
This is the key way of communicating with you beyond the school gate and relies on you using a downloadable app for your phone, or logging on to the Arbor parent portal website on your PC, laptop or tablet.
As a Parent/Carer, you can log into Arbor to see and update your child’s information or make payments yourself.
How can Parents/Carers use Arbor?
When you access the Arbor Parent Portal, you will be able to receive messages and emails from Joy Lane Primary School. This is where you will see which clubs and trips are available, book you child's place and make payment as required, all in one place. You can pay for school meals and breakfast clubs here too. The parental portal app is free to download.
Here’s how you can use Arbor:
- Log into Parent Portal using webrowser (Google Chrome is best with Arbor) on a computer or laptop
Go to https://joy-lane-primary.uk.arbor.sc on your web browser.
- Click on ‘First Time Logging In’. Then enter your email address and click ‘Set password’. You will need to use the same email address that is in our school system.
- If the system recognises your email address, it will send you a password reset email with link to set up your account.
- The first time you log in, you are prompted to confirm your child’s date of birth. (If you have more than 1 child at the school, please confirm the date of birth of your eldest child. Once you are logged in, you will be able to switch between children.).
- Download the free Arbor App from the App Store or Google Play Store and then log in on your phone. (For Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and upwards)
Things to note:
Only adults who are primary guardians of a child can access the app. Primary Guardians are usually the person/s who have parental responsibility for the child.
We may send in-app messages via Arbor to your phones; this will help us reduce the number of text messages that we send. (The school is charged for every text message sent but in-app messages are free to both you and the school.). When you are sent an in-app message, you will receive a notification. Please ensure you have enabled this feature on your phone.
In the Arbor App, you will see a notification at the bottom right of your screen on the profile icon. Tap this notification, and then click to see your messages. You will be taken to the messages page, where you can see all messages received. Make sure you are accessing the app on a phone; the app will not function on a tablet.
Need help using Arbor?
To safeguard pupil data in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Arbor only works directly with schools.
Contact the school office if you have any questions about Arbor, the Arbor App or Parent Portal. We will try to help answer your questions. If not, we will contact Arbor’s Support Team for assistance. Please let us know the type and model of your phone, e.g. an iPhone SE, and include screenshots or screen recordings of what you are experiencing.
Breakfast afterschool club
Some top tips:
- Ensure your username is the email address you use for Arbor. Ask us to check the email address linked to your account.
- Reset your password from the login page, or ask us to do this.
- If the login email was sent to you more than 95 hours ago, the password link will have expired. Ask us to send it again.
- Ask the school office to check that your email address has not been used twice – e.g. On another guardian or child’s profile.
- Enter the birthday of your eldest child to log in for the first time.
- Only relatives who are Primary Guardians of a child can access the Arbor App. Ask us to check if you can access Arbor.
- If logging in for the first time, use a laptop or computer and use Google Chrome as your browser.
Due to GDPR, Arbor are unable to communicate directly with Parents/Carers.
If you have any issues logging on to the Arbor Parent Portal, please contact the school office.